Non-surgical cosmetic treatments have grown in popularity in the past two decades. And perhaps the most popular of these non-invasive treatment options is the use of BOTOX® Cosmetic and other fillers to diminish the signs of aging, including fine lines and deeper folds of skin. At Dr. John Griffin’s Bay Area practice, BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM™ XC, and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC are available to rejuvenate the face and skin. The appropriate choice of filler depends entirely on the patient’s area of concern. Below, Dr. Griffin has outlines the specific uses of each injectable treatment.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular injectable on the market. It is approved for use in patients age 18 to 65.
- What Are the Specific Uses of BOTOX® Cosmetic? BOTOX® Cosmetic is FDA approved to treat the moderate to severe glabellar, or frown, lines that run down the center of the brow. It can also be used to treat moderate to severe crow’s feet, the fine lines that run out from the outer corners of the eyes.
- How Long Does it Take for Treatment to Take Effect? It generally takes about three to four days for the full effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic to take effect.
- How Long Do Results Last? The results of BOTOX® Cosmetic last for three to four months, or longer.
JUVÉDERM™ XC is a dermal filler that is approved for use in patients over 21 years of age.
- What Are the Specific Uses of JUVÉDERM™ XC? JUVÉDERM™ XC is used to treat moderate to severe folds of skin affecting the nose and mouth. This dermal filler is often used to fill in marionette lines, parenthesis, and vertical lip lines.
- How Long Does it Take for Treatment to Take Effect? The effects of JUVÉDERM™ XC are immediately visible. However, some minor swelling may accompany the results for about 24 hours after treatment.
- How Long Do Results Last? The results of JUVÉDERM™ XC last for up to one year.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is approved for use in patients over the age of 21.
- What Are the Specific Uses of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC: JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is used to fill in areas of the cheeks, particularly the apex, apple, and hollow of the cheeks. This deep injection restores the patient’s contour and profile by providing a subtle lift to the mid-face and reducing the gaunt appearance that can come with age.
- How Long Does it Take for Treatment to Take Effect? The results of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC are visible as soon as treatment it complete. However, the side effects of the injection treatment may persist for up to 24 hours.
- How Long Do Results Last? The results of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC treatment last for up to two years.
BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM™ XC, and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC are manufactured by ALLERGAN.
To find out if which injectable option is the best choice for you, schedule an appointment with Dr. John Griffin. Dr. Griffin will examine your face and listen to your cosmetic concerns, and then recommend the most suitable course of treatment.